Saturday, January 19, 2008

Recruiting News: Daniel Brady Update

OregonPreps.com (Rivals.com network) reports that Daniel Brady is anxious to get back to college basketball's highest level. The 6'8" 220 lb. forward originally from Lake Oswego, Oregon originally signed with Division I member, Idaho State out of Lakeridge High School in 2006. But the situaion was not optimal after a redshirt season. Now Brady is attending North Idaho College, a JuCo program.

Currently a freshman for the North Idaho Cardinals, Brady said, "The season has gone well for the team...The first half of the year I hurt my ankle and my shoulder, so I missed a couple of weeks. But we're doing well and I'm just looking to get going now. We're very deep and very talented so I'll just do what I can do to be successful."

On the year, Brady is averaging 4.2 points and 3.5 rebounds with his averages increasing every game since the injuries. His play at North Idaho, as well as the experience he gained as a member of the Irish U20 National Team over the summer 2007 - has already generated some Division I recruiting interest. "I've taken two official visits, to Cornell and UMKC (Missouri-Kansas City)," Brady said. "They both went great and they are schools whose systems fit me and I have three years to play. I like both coaching staffs and they're both on the rise."

UMKC has offered Brady a scholarship for the spring and while Ivy League institutions do not offer athletic scholarships, Cornell has essentially offered Brady a spot on their roster for next season. Brady enjoyed both of his trips and there's something he likes about both programs. "With UMKC, their big guys do a lot of things with the basketball," Brady said. "And with Cornell, they spread the floor and all their players play with a high skil level and IQ."

At the current moment, Brady said he is not in any hurry to make any decisions. But he isn't opposed to making a decision at any time if the timing is right. "At the end of the day, I'll put my options in front of me and make the best decision I can," Brady said.

No comments: