Monday, June 21, 2010

Recruiting News: Yale Receives Second Verbal in Class of 2011

Below, some recruiting news from around the Ivy League...

NY2LASports.com reports that Yale received its second verbal commitment from the class of 2011 with the commitment of Javier Duren (Oakville High School) St. Louis, Missouri, 6-2, G. He joins in the class with Matt Townsend (Chappaqua High School) Chappaqua, New York, 6-6, F. Duren had interest from Princeton and Columbia.

BearTerritory.net reports that Stephen Domingo (St. Ignatius HS) San Francisco, CA, 6-5, F, camped at Princeton last week and will also attend camps at Stanford and Cal. He is a member of the class 0f 2013.

After receiving an offer from Steve Donahue to play at Cornell next season and subsequently committing to Air Force, Gabe Moton (St. Petersburg High School) St. Petersburg, FL, 6-2, pulled his commitment from the Academy and instead committed to Donahue's new Boston College program. Moton also had offers from Zach Spiker's Army program, which he visited this spring, as well as Denver, Tennessee-Martin, and Tennessee Tech among others. Moton told EagleAction.com, "They had wanted me at Cornell real bad, and I really wanted to go there, but in my freshman year of high school I got a D in one of my classes. I took the class over again and got an A, but it was still on my transcript that I had a D. Cornell's admissions weren't having any of that so I couldn't get into Cornell." EagleAction.com noted that Moton's 3.7 GPA was good enough for Air Force so he decided to commit there and was fully intending on playing there. However, once Donahue got to BC he gave Moton a call and he was instantly interested in hearing what the former Cornell coach had to say. Moton's trust in Donahue was a big reason why he listened with an open mind. "With every other coach that I talked to, when I mentioned Coach Donahue they all had something real good to say about him. Nobody could say anything bad about him. He's down to earth and genuine and to tell you the truth he doesn't lie to you and I like that," said Moton.

No comments: