Thursday, June 17, 2010

Recruiting News

Below, some recruiting news from around the Ivy League...

The L.A. Daily News reports that Nick de Bonfilhs
(Buckley HS) Sherman Oaks, CA, 6-4, F, will attend the elite camps this month at Penn and Cornell.

Tommy Carpenter (Northfield Mount Hermon School) Northfield, MA, 6-7, F, will camp at Princeton this week.

Mike Zangari (Red Land HS) Harrisburg, PA 6-9 205 has a scholarship offer from Rutgers and is receiving interest from Cornell, NC State, Penn State, St. Joseph's, Siena, Virigina Tech and Boston College according to the He told the site, "I've already been to elite camps at Siena and St. Joseph's. I'm expecting to be at Virginia Tech, Cornell and Boston College sometime soon."

Garrett Jones (Evanston HS) Evanston, IL, 5-11, G told, "Cornell and Toledo are the top schools for sure. I might go to Cornell’s Elite Camp coming up. I haven’t decided yet but I’ve have many conversations with Coach Courtney their new head coach and he sounds like a great person to play for. Wisconsin-Green Bay, Loyola, Bradley, Illinois State, and Columbia are all recruiting me as well."

Cole Krizancic (Mentor HS) Mentor, OH, 5-11, G, is blogging this summer for his local newspaper and writes, "Not only is June an important month for high school basketball, it is also an important month for college. Right now, I'm deciding on which schools I want to visit and which prospect camps I want to attend. Over the weekend, I visited the University of Toledo, the first Division I school I visited. In the next month, I'm planning on visiting Cornell, Miami (Ohio) and Navy. I'm trying to attend the prospect camps at both Cornell and Miami (Ohio) when I make my visits. After June, I hopefully will be a little closer to knowing what school I will play for in college."

Jack Ryan (Glenbrook South HS) Glenbrook, IL, 6-6, F, told the Pioneer Local that he was invited to attend Stanford's Elite Camp but expects to visit Cornell within the next week." They have looked at me hard and I love that school," Ryan said with respect to Cornell.

Malcolm Gilbert (Academy of the New Church) Bryn Athyn, PA, 6-11, C, visited Harvard and Princeton last year before his stock took off. He is visiting Ohio State this weekend and is hearing from the likes of Duke, Georgia Tech, Pittsburgh, Georgetown, Miami, Ohio State, Penn State, La Salle, St. Joe’s, as well as Cornell, Penn, Harvard, and Princeton per SNY. He told Northstar Basketball that his favorites are Georgetown, Ohio State, Duke, and Penn.

OC Booker (Whitehaven HS) Whitehaven, TN, 6-6, F told Northstar Basketball he is hearing from Brown, East Tennessee State, Memphis, Oregon State, Siena, Richmond, Temple, Niagara, and Southeast Missouri State. He has offers from East Tennessee State and Southeast Missouri State.

A.J. Mathew (Huron HS) Ann Arbor, MI, 6-3, G, visited Cornell, Colgate, Columbia, Holy Cross, Fairfield, Lehigh this month during an east coast recruiting trip. Mathew told Next Generation Sports that Cornell was his first stop and met with Coach Bill Courtney and his staff and came away impressed. “I was extremely impressed with the campus and the coaching staff. The facilities were nice… they had the nicest weight room throughout the trip,” stated Mathew.

Joshua Richardson (Santa Fe HS) Edmond, OK, 6-5, G, told that he likes Arizona State, Auburn, Georgia, Indiana, Ole Miss, Providence and UCLA, but noted he received an offer from Harvard. reports Jack Isenbarger (Zionsville HS) Zionsville, IN, 6-2, G, committed to Elon after receiving offers from Miami of Ohio, Western Michigan, Army, Cornell, Eastern Illinois and IPFW (Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne).

Jabril Trawick (Abington Friends School) Abington, PA, 6-4, G, has a lengthy list of more than a dozen schools, including Yale, Penn and several A-10 schools. He claims offers from Drexel and LaSalle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Courtney is hitting the recruiting trail hard and is making a positive impression!