Thursday, September 30, 2010

Recruiting News: Big Red Move In on Big Men

Below, some recruiting news from around the Ivies...

TexasHoops.com reports that Luke Mergerson (Duncanville HS) Duncanville, TX, 6-8, 230, F/C has offers from schools in the Conference USA and the CAA. Mergerson told the site, "I am going to Tulane October 8, North Carolina Wilmington October 15, and Mount St. Mary's October 22." In addition to the three visits that Mergerson has set, he is looking at two Ivy League schools. "Cornell and Brown are on my list, but I need to take the ACT," added Mergerson. "I would like to be a Sports Agent and both schools have great Law programs. They are also a place where I could go in and play as a freshman." He added, "Tulane has been on me the longest through the recruiting process. The head coach (Ed Conroy) has been in to see me and so has the assistant (Andy Fox). They seem to really want me there." He also noted, "SMU, and Texas State have offered and Arkansas Little Rock, and Marquette are showing interest. Head coach, Buzz Williams from Marquette came in to see me the other day. I would like to sign early so I can get recruiting over with, but if I play out my senior year and do good and make a high enough score on my ACT, then I feel I will get more offers. But, if I like any one of my visits, I would commit." Other schools involved include: Boston College, Bradley, Colorado, Georgetown, Georgia Tech, Houston, Iowa, Kansas State, Notre Dame, VCU, West Virginia, and Wichita State.

NJHoops.com reports that J.P. Koury (Christian Bros. Academy) Lincroft, NJ, 6-3, G, committed to D-II Bentley. He was also looking at St. Michael's, Dartmouth, Lafayette, Princeton, Navy, St. Francis PA, Stonehill and Amherst.

Desmond Hubert (New Egypt HS) New Egypt, NJ, 6-8, F has trimmed his list to Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, Villanova, Princeton, Maryland, Virginia and Ohio State. Harvard had offered per Rivals.com.

ESPN reports that Jordan Gregory (East HS) Pueblo, CO, 6-2, G, committed to Montana over Denver, Northern Arizona, Northeastern, Loyola-Illinois, Dartmouth and Columbia.

FullCourtPress.net, a site run by Dinos Trigonis, commented on several Ivy prospects in California.

Dylan Greene (Forsyth Country Day School) Lewisville, NC, 6-5, F has a eclectic list of schools including, Tennessee, Penn State, Boston College, Wyoming, SMU, Pepperdine, UC-Riverside, Colgate, Santa Clara, Gardner-Webb, San Diego, Army, Brown, Princeton, Darthmouth, Lehigh, Boston University, Monmouth, Loyola (MD), High Point, Hofstra, Maine and Northern Arizona.

Christian Garrett (IMG Academy) Brandenton, FL, 6-5, G, has interest from UTEP, Sam Houston State, Harvard, Columbia, Dartmouth, Princeton and Brown.

Colorado, Penn and Harvard are battling one another for the services of Kevin Bailey (Clovis East HS) Clovis, CA, 6-5, F and Wesley Saunders (Windward HS) Los Angeles, CA, 6-5, F. Bailey has offers from Penn, Harvard and Colorado. Meanwhile, Saunders has offers from Penn, Harvard, Colorado and Loyola Marymount.

The Daily Pennsylvanian comments on Penn's recruitment of several players at the Northfield Mount Hermon School in Massachusetts as well as Penn's recruitment of Saunders.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big "men"? Maybe taking headline too literally

Anonymous said...

yeah, the headline made me assume we were zeroing in on somebody, not just a guy who had us on a list of many schools -- and by no means was Cornell indicated as the favorite.

Anonymous said...

mergerson looks solid. hope we can get him

Anonymous said...

Uh- You mean "move in on Big Man"-I don't see one shred of evidence that Cornell is moving on anyone yet over 6'6"! Hello- the guy you mention still needs to take the ACT and has a host of sholarship schools to look at. We need to find at least 2 PF/C (6'9"or larger) types and get them into school and get them the financial aid they need! Sell the program and the school rep Courtney-you did it at a much higher level before!

Anonymous said...

When did Brown start its law school, and did someone tell this kid that pre-law is not the same as law?