Below, some news and notes for Monday. Above, a 2003 program for a Penn-Princeton weekend.
- The Dagger of YahooSports.com previews the Patriot League. Two Patriot members are Cornell opponents on the 2010-2011 schedule (Bucknell and Lehigh). Cornell's visit to Lehigh on November 22 is listed by the Dagger as among the three Patriot "must see" nonconference games.
- RushTheCourt.net previews the America East and its five members appearing on Cornell's 2010-2011 schedule (Boston U., Stony Brook, New Hampshire, Binghamton and Albany).
- An Italian journalist notes on Twitter that Cornell's John McCord ('97) is the oldest player in the French Pro A League. Speaking of McCord, he opened his season with SIG Strasbourg on Saturday, finishing with 10 points and 8 rebounds in a 73-69 win over Roanne. Above, McCord's profile page from Cornell's 1996-1997 media guide. McCord was a 1996-1997 First Team All Ivy League selection.
- Ryan Wittman (No. 24 above defending) finished 5/9 from the floor and 1/3 beyond the arc in a 13 points, 4 rebounds and 1 assist performance for Fulgor Libertas Forli in a 73-64 loss to Umana Reyer Venezia in LegaDue action on Sunday.
- Jeff Foote ('10), Jon Jaques ('10) and the rest of the Israeli Super League gathered together on Saturday to shoot a promo for the league. Check the league website for some of the photos.