Below, some news and notes for Monday...Above, a program from the Brown-Yale home weekend during 2008. Brent Fisher ('98) gets the cover. Fisher played professionally in Israel with Elitzur Ramla following graduation.
- With Parents' Weekend scheduled for this weekend and the football team on the road, Cornell's Red-White Game in men's basketball becomes the premier mid-day athletic event for students and their parents on Saturday. The Red-White Game tips off at 12 p.m.
- Below, links to the Blue Ribbon Yearbook season previews thus far published on ESPN.com for Cornell opponents on the 2010-2011 schedule. An ESPN Insider membership is required to read the full articles.
- In alumni news, Cody Toppert ('05) (above) shows the emotion during British Basketball League action on Saturday against the Milton Keynes Lions. Toppert scored 22 points for the Plymouth Raiders in their 105-103 win.
- John McCord ('97) finished with 8 points and 6 rebounds in Strasbourg's 82-67 win over ASVEL in French Pro A action on Saturday.
- Louis Dale ('10) had a quiet 2 point game in Gottingen's 80-68 win over EWE Baskets in Germany's Bundesliga action on Sunday.
- Ryan Wittman ('10) finished 0/6 from the perimter on Sunday but managed to finish 3/4 on 2-PT FGs on route to a 7 points and 3 rebounds effort on Sunday for Forli in a 65-53 loss to Immobiliare in LegueDue action in Italy.
- In Maccabi Tel Aviv's season opener on Sunday, Jeff Foote ('10) did not see any action as Electra thumped Giboa, 102-75.
- In Ivy League roster report news, Harvard has had some recent transactions. After sophomore Spencer de Mars dropped off Harvard's 2010-2011 roster a month ago, a second roster casualty has hit the Crimson with fellow sophomore Pete Edelson leaving the program. In the place of de Mars and Edelson, Harvard has added to its roster Tom Hamel, a 6'9" 235 lb. freshman. Harvard now has 15 players on its 2010-2011 roster (none of which are seniors). Harvard has cut or lost 13 players during the last three seasons from its roster, twice the number of any other Ivy League school during the time span. Below, is the list of Crimson players dropping from the program in the last three years:
Pete Edelson (left during '10-'11)
Spencer de Mars (left during '10-'11)
Hugh Martin (left during '09-'10)
Peter Boehm (left during '09-'10)
Peter Swiatek (left during '09-'10)
Eric Groszyk (left during '08-'09)
T.J. Carey (left during '08-'09)
Kyle Fitzgerald (left during '08-'09)
Adam Demuyakor (left during '08-'09)
Ndu Okereke (left during '08-'09)
Darryl Finkton (left during '08-'09)
Cem Dinc (left during '08-'09)
Alex Blankenau (left during '08-'09)