Get all the information you need about Cornell's game at Syracuse on November 30, right here with The Cornell Basketball Blog's Game Preview Center. As the game approaches, we will be adding relevant links to this space. Let us know your thoughts on the upcoming game by either leaving a comment to this post, sending us an email (CornellBigRedFan@gmail.com), or posting a message on The Cornell Basketball Blog's Community Forum (click here). GO BIG RED!
- Cornell Athletics Redcast Audio/Video Coverage
- Cornell Athletics: Live Stats
- Free Online Audio: WVBR.com
- ESPN3 (subject to blackout)
Cornell Basketball Related Links
- The Cornell Basketball Blog's Community Forum and Message Board
- Cornell Redcast Audio/Video Coverage
- Cornell Basketball's Official Website at CornellBigRed.com
- Cornell Daily Sun Sports
- Ithaca Journal Sports
- Cornell on CBS
- Cornell on CNN/SI
- Cornell on ESPN
- Cornell on Fox Sports
- Cornell on YahooSports/Rivals.com
- Cornell on TheSportsNetwork.com
- Cornell Athletics Game Notes for Visit to Syracuse
- Cornell Daily Sun Previews Syracuse
- Ithaca Journal Previews Cornell at Syracuse
- Sports Network Cornell at Syracuse Preview
- Ithaca Journal: Courtney on 'Cuse
- Official Syracuse Basketball site
- Syracuse on CBS Sportsline
- Syracuse on CNN/SI
- Syracuse on ESPN
- Syracuse on FoxSports
- Syracuse on YahooSports/Rivals.com
- Cuse Country
- Getting Back to '03
- Nunes Magician
- Big East Basketball Report
- RealCuseFans Message Board
- SyracuseFan.com (Scout Network)
- CuseConfidential.com (Rivals Network)
- Syracuse.com Orange Basketball News
- Syracuse.com Orange Basketball Blog
- Syracuse Athletics Game Notes for Cornell
- Post Standard Scouts Cornell
- Blogsphere Previews of Cornell at Syracuse
- Daily Orange Previews Cornell
- Syracuse Post Standard on Wroblewski Injury
- Nunes Magician Preview of Cornell
Cornell and Syracuse first met on January 26, 1901 with the Orange prevailing 18-15. It was the first win in Syracuse's young basketball history. Chimes were played across the SU campus in celebration of defeating Cornell. Above, a February 1901 issue of the Cornell Daily Sun recaps Cornell's defeat.
Following a December 1904 Big Red visit to Syracuse, in which the Orange prevailed 56-17, the series was suspended. After a fifteen year hiatus, the teams resumed play with Cornell meeting Syracuse on on January 11, 1921, defeating the Orange, 25-13.
During the 1920s, Syracuse fans such as the women pictured above, brought "Cornell scarecrows" to SU's Archbold Gym to taunt the Cornellians. Syracuse loyalists blamed Cornell for blocking the Orange's entry as a member into the Eastern Intercollegiate Basketball League (EIBL), the predecessor to the Ivy League's formalization.
A game program to Cornell's January 5, 1929 visit to Syracuse.
This photo was taken during a 1930 game between the Big Red and Syracuse.
A 1937 game program for Cornell at Syracuse.
A 1942 game program and scorecard for Syracuse's visit to Barton Hall.
A 1947 program, Cornell hosting Syracuse at Barton Hall.
A photo from a 1948 game between Syracuse and Cornell.
A March 11, 1948 article from the Cornell Daily Sun recaps Syracuse's 45-30 win over Cornell on March 8, 1948 at Barton Hall. The 8,500 spectators set a new Barton Hall attendance record, which would be later broken by the 9,000 in attendance at the Cornell-Princeton game on January 18, 1965.
A 1959 program for Syracuse's visit to Ithaca to face the Big Red in Barton Hall.
Above, the December 10, 1964 issue of the Cornell Daily Sun recaps Cornell's thrilling 73-72 win over Syracuse on December 9. Syracuse All-American (and future NBA Hall of Famer), Dave Bing missed a shot to win the game with 2 seconds remaining.
A photo from the mid 60s in Barton Hall during a Cornell-Syracuse game.
A 1967 Cornell-Syracuse program.
Current Syracuse head coach, Jim Boheim, hired by the Orange at the start of the 1976-1977 season, took his Sryacuse squad to Ithaca on January 3, 1977 and January 3, 1979 . They marked Syracuse's last visits to Ithaca. Above, a photo from the December 7, 1973 issue of the Cornell Daily Sun. The photo was taken from Syracuse's December 5 visit to Cornell's Barton Hall.
A Cornell at Syracuse program from 1984. While some of Cornell's meetings with Syracuse during the 80s were lopsided losses for the Big Red, the rivalry kept some of its intensity Below, some clippings from the Cornell Daily Sun following the brawl of 1987.
Above, a Jim Boheim signed game ball from December 3, 2008. Syracuse beat Cornell 88-78. The most narrow Syracuse victory in recent years took place on November 9, 2005 in the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic. Cornell's Adam Gore scored 22 points in the Dome as Syracuse narrowly escaped the Big Red with a 67-62 win.