Below, some news and notes for Wenesday. Above, Adam Wire throws down a dunk vs. Boston University on December 29, 2008, an 89-59 Cornell victory at Newman Arena. Cornell meets B.U. in the return game on Saturday in Boston.
- BU Today notes, "A free BU men’s basketball schedule poster goes to the first 200 fans attending the [Boston University] Terrier matchup against Cornell."
- Fans interested in watching the Cornell at BU game online must order a BU All-Access Monthly Subscription for $9.95 then cancel the subscription after the game to avoid additional monthly charges. A potential second option, which exists for most Cornell games, home and away contests, is checking out Channelsurfing.net which often provides free video access. The downside to Channelsurfing is that it does not allow you to adjust the size of the video (i.e. there is no full screen option). Check Channelsurfing before tip-off of any Cornell game to see if they are offering video.
- Nothing new, but the Arizona Republic reports, "Deion Giddens, a Willow Canyon High School senior basketball player, has accepted a scholarship offer to attend and play for Cornell University. Giddens, a 6-foot-9-inch center, received all-region honors as a junior and drew the attention of several Division I colleges with his play during summer league and national club tournaments. Giddens has a 4.4 grade-point average while taking advanced placement and honors classes."
- RocNow summarizes Rochester area college basketball news and notes, "Cornell loses eight key players and head coach Steve Donahue (now at Boston College) from last year’s Sweet 16 Cinderella team."
- The Spanish Basketball Federation published an article on Jeff Foote's ('10) arrival in the Spanish 2nd Division with Melilla. Click here for the Google-English translation.
- Cornell RPI Watch: The RPI (Rating Percentage Index) is a measure of strength of schedule and how a team does against that schedule. It does not consider the margin of victory, but only whether or not a team won and where the game was played (home/away/neutral court). The formula is 25% team winning percentage (WP), 50% opponents' average winning percentage (OWP), and 25% opponents' opponents' average winning percentage (OOWP). (See: CollegeRPI.com for a further explanation of the formula.) The RPI may be the most influential factor in NCAA Tournament seeding. Cornell's RPI rank as of November 24 is No. 224 out of 347 total Division I teams. While neither the Ken Pomeroy or Jeff Sagarin rankings are used by the NCAA Tournament Selection Committee, the KenPom.com site ranks Cornell No. 192 in the nation, while the USA Today Sagarin rankings have Cornell at No. 168. Both sites are predominantly used by fans and the media.
- Game Recaps-Below are links to our game recaps from each of Cornell's games this season. Associated press recaps courtesy of Rivals.com/YahooSports.com are always available by clicking on Cornell's schedule/results on the right column of this blog.
- at Albany W 65-61 (video recaps)
- at Seton Hall L 68-92
- vs. Delaware W 75-61 (video recap)
- vs. St. Bonaventure L 54-56
- at Lehigh L 57-60
- Here is a look at Ivy League results and upcoming games. A full Ivy composite schedule may viewed by clicking here.
Friday, November 12
Columbia 71 La Salle 82 Box Score - Recap
Rutgers 73 Princeton 78 OT Box Score - Recap
Cornell 65 Albany 61 Box Score - Recap
Brown 69 Fordham 65 Box Score - Recap
Saturday, November 13
Harvard 53 George Mason 66 Box Score - Recap
Davidson 64 Penn 69 Box Score - Recap
Dartmouth 52 Providence 87 Box Score - Recap
Yale 75 Quinnipiac 84 Box Score - Recap
Sunday, November 14
Cornell 68 Seton Hall 92 Noon [SNY/ESPN3/ESPN Full Court] Box Score - Recap
Princeton 60 Duke 97 [ESPNU] Box Score - Recap
Monday, November 15
Maryland-Eastern Shore 74 Columbia 108 Box Score - Recap
Yale 55 Providence 58 Box Score - Recap
Tuesday, November 16
Brown 67 Rhode Island 92 Box Score - Recap
New Hampshire 55 Dartmouth 53 Box Score - Recap
Wednesday, November 17
Delaware 61 Cornell 75 Box Score - Recap
Holy Cross 49 Harvard 72 Box Score - Recap
Penn 54 Manhattan 59 Box Score - Recap
Columbia 66 St. John’s 79 Box Score - Recap
Thursday, November 18
Yale 75 Boston College 67 Box Score - Recap
Friday, November 19
St. Bonaventure 56 Cornell 54 Box Score - Recap
Dartmouth 71 Hartford 57 Box Score - Recap
Saturday, November 20
Harvard 75 Mercer 69 Box Score - Recap
Sacred Heart 67 Brown 81 Box Score - Recap
Columbia 76 Longwood 95 Box Score - Recap
Drexel 77 Penn 56 Box Score - Recap
Sunday, November 21
Dartmouth 59 Loyola (Md.) 73 Box Score - Recap
Monday, November 22
Cornell 57 Lehigh 60 Box Score - Recap
Princeton 64 James Madison 65 Box Score - Recap
Tuesday, November 23
Bucknell 55 Princeton 66 Box Score - Recap [at JMU]
Colgate 63 Columbia 76 Box Score - Recap
Quinnipiac 69 Dartmouth 52 Box Score - Recap
Lafayette 65 Penn 74 Box Score - Recap
Yale 47 Illinois 73 [ESPNU] Box Score - Recap
Wednesday, November 24
St. Francis (N.Y.) at Brown, 4 pm
Harvard at Bryant, 4 pm
Presbyterian vs. Princeton, 4:30 pm
Saturday, November 27
Brown at New Hampshire, 1 pm
Army at Yale, 2 pm
Colgate at Dartmouth, 2 pm
Cornell at Boston University, 5 pm
Penn at Pittsburgh, 7 pm [ESPN3.com]
Sunday, November 28
Colorado at Harvard, 2 pm
Columbia at American, 2 pm
Siena at Princeton, 2 pm