- Cornell's rookies are arriving on campus this weekend for the Cornell Elite Prospect Camp and to begin their Cornell careers with summer classes and training.
- Some of the following Cornell players are expected to be in summer leagues this summer:
Errick Peck-Indy Pro Am (team: Orange Team)
Jake Matthews-Pittsburgh Pro Am (team: SPK Law)
Josh Figini-Howard Pulley Summer Pro Am, St. Paul, MN
Dwight Tarwater-Rocky Top League, Knoxville, TN (team: Ray's ESG)
Ned Tomic-Cleveland Am Pro (team: Allan's Wolfpack)
- CBS Pittsburgh is providing coverage of the Pittsburgh Pro Am. The Pittsburgh Sports Depot blog writes that the "quote of the night" from last night's action was uttered by an unidentified spectator in the stands stating of Cornell's Jake Matthews, “He’ll be in the Big Dance longer than any of the other guys out here.”
- The Daily Times of Blount County, Tennessee covers the Rocky Top Summer Pro League in Knoxville and writes of Maryville College signee, 6'8" Joey Bodewig, that he spent the majority of Wednesday night's game banging inside for rebounds with Cornell's Dwight Tarwater. “I played Dwight Tarwater all my life. I love playing against him. He went to Webb and I went to Catholic, so it was like a big rivarly between us," said Bodewig.
- Do not rule out JuCo transfer, Montez Blair from finding his way into the Cornell Basketball program. A transfer from Navy via Iowa Western College, Blair intends to compete in track at Cornell, and while there is no definitive plan for him to compete in basketball, circumstances can change. Insiders have compared him to both Jamal Cherry and Jason Battle ('09), as a wing defender with slashing capabilities. He averaged averaged 13.8 points and 4.4 rebounds per game for Iowa Western College. Out of high school, Blair had reported basketball offers from Cornell, Harvard, Princeton, Siena, St. Joseph's, and Binghamton. As a transfer basketball prospect, he had offers from IPFW, Eastern Illinois, Southern Utah, and Dartmouth. For those looking for information on Blair, see the following: