- First, some schedule notes. With The Cornell Basketball Blog's announcement of Cornell's games this season against Illinois and Penn State (both of which are projected televised games on the Big Ten Network), only three additional non-conference opponents remain unrevealed to the general public. Below is a listing of the games already publicly announced or which are commonly known "return" games from a year ago.
11/22/11 at Delaware
12/19/11 at Illinois
12/21/11 at Penn State
12/31/11 at Bucknell
at St. Bonaventure
at Stony Brook
vs Boston U.
- Articles commenting on Cornell's games against the Big Ten opponents, Illinois and Penn State, appear in the Centre Daily Times, ESPN, Chicago Tribune, TMC Net, and Peoria Journal Star among other news outlets, as well as on the official athletics websites of Illinois and Penn State.
- The Cornell Daily Sun points out on Twitter that several basketball teams are copying the Sun's promotional cover idea (above), which the Sun published last fall after Cornell earned a trip to the 2010 Sweet Sixteen. Pictured, the Big Red's Chris Wroblewski.
- CNNSI.com once again lists former Cornell head coach, Scott Thompson, as among those coaches cheated out of thousands of dollars by Houston-area money manager and AAU operator David Salinas.
- A Cornell alumnus of the School of Industrial & Labor Relations published a piece in the New York Times on how the NBA and NFL could avoid future work stoppages.
- The official Goettingen website of the German premier league club (BBK Bundesliga) announced that training camp for Louis Dale ('10) and his teammates begins on August 22. This season Goettingen will open with a brand new arena and was invited to particpate in Europe's third most prestigious tournament, the Euro Challenge, which is generally considered below the Euro League and the Euro Cup.