Above, Andrew Naeve ('07) and Jeff Foote ('10), a pair of former seven footers who both earned All Ivy League honors during their time at Cornell. Below, some news and notes for Thursday...
- A reminder that Cornell's Red-White Game, the annual intersquad scrimmage, is scheduled for October 22 during Alumni Weekend. Above, Ugo Ihekweazu ('07) throws down a dunk during the 2006-2007 edition of the game.
- In exhibition game action on Wednesday, Ryan Wittman ('10) scored 8 points while Jeff Foote ('10) added 7 points in a losing effort as their club, Zastal, fell 73-68 to league rival, PBG Basket of Poland's PLK league. Above, Wittman and Foote have some light moments following a scrimmage against Stargard on August 3. Below, some raw video courtesy the Gazeta Lubuska and Zastal.net from Zastal's exhibition against Stargard. In related news, Zastal earlier today signed Phoenix Suns foward, Gani Lawal.
- Get ready to see the Big Red on television against a pair of Big 10 opponents in 2011-2012. In announcing its schedule, Penn State Athletics notes on its official website, "the Lions' game vs. Cornell (Wed., Dec. 21 @ 7:30 p.m.) will appear either on [the Big Ten Network] BTN or BTN.com." Additionally, University of Illinois Athletics indicates on its official website that the Cornell at Illinois game on December 19 will also be televised. Meanwhile, Cornell's January 3 game at Maryland, per Maryland Athletics, will likely be televised on either Comcast Sports or on one of the networks in the ESPN family such as ESPN2 or ESPNU. Last season every single Maryland game was televised.
- The Olean Times Herald notes with respect to St. Bonaventure's 2011-2012 schedule, "As it stands, Bona has just four true home games on its non-conference slate: its season-opener against Cornell (Nov. 11), which visits the RC for the first time since 2004."
- In addition to St. Bonaventure, Cornell will also serve as the home opener for Delaware according to DelawareOnline.com.