- CollegeSportsMadness.com tabbed to its preseason all conference team, Cornell's Chris Wroblewski (Second Team) and Errick Peck (Fourth Team).
- Boricuas Ballers published an article on Jeff Aubry's (Cornell '99) signing with the Halcones Rojos of Mexico's premier basketball league, the LNBP. In signing with Halcones, Aubry turned down an opportunity to play for the Puerto Rican National Team in the Pan Am Games this month alongside Juan Jose Barea and other NBA stars. He will likely take a spot on the team in the next Olympics qualifying tournament in July.
- Aaron Osgood (Cornell '11) and Adam Wire (Cornell '11) provide updates on their blog, Danish Duo, of their first week of the regular season in Denmark with their club, Vaerlose.
- ESPN comments on the non-conference schedules of several of Cornell's opponents, including Illinois, Penn State, Maryland, St. Bonaventure and Delaware.
- In its review of the ACC, Rush The Court provides updates on Boston College and Maryland, a pair of teams of interest to Cornell fans. RTC writes:
Washington Post – Terrapins Insider: Maryland freshman Alex Len still hasn’t been cleared to play by the NCAA. This isn’t very surprising as Len signed very recently (August) and is from overseas. In other news Mark Turgeon expressed his excitement to play Mike Brey and Notre Dame in the BB&T Classic this fall: “Mike was on the staff at Duke when I played in the Final Four [in 1986 with Kansas]. I lost when I played, but we won the next time…”
The Heights: A new student group at Boston College, Donahue’s Disciples, is out to generate more student enthusiasm for Eagle home games. Having attended a couple of games in Conte Forum, Ryan Dunn and his friends have a lot of work to do. Both games sported a half-empty student section, and the only real noise came from the band (for the record one of these games was a crucial NCAA Tournament bubble game against Virginia Tech). Donahue’s Disciples have some good ideas to get students involved: namely, free food and possibly a three-on-three basketball tournament. The official Donahue Disciple twitter account is @BookOfDonahue, which is already up to 189 followers.