- A reminder, Cornell's Red-White Game, the annual open-to-the-public intersquad scrimmage is scheduled for October 22 at Newman Arena. The scrimmage tips off at approximately 4 pm following the home football game against Brown. The Red-White Game also coincides with the basketball program's Alumni Weekend where former players are invited to return back to Cornell. There is no expected online broadcast for the Red-White Game, but those plans could change.
- Per PrimerHora.com, while Jeff Aubry ('99) was selected for inclusion on the Puerto Rico national team, he has opted not to participate in the Pan Am Games and will instead join the team in early 2012 in its preparation for Olympic qualifying. Aubry will miss the Pan Am Games due to his renewed contract with his professional club, the Veracruz Rojos of the Mexican premier league.
- Former Cornell assistant coach, Jay Larranaga, now the head coach of the Erie Bay Hawks in the NBA D-League is quoted in Deadspin about his team's open tryouts.
- We updated our last roster report to include projected roster sizes for the Ivy League teams for the 2012-2013 season. These numbers will continue to change as the Ivy programs add additional recruits from the high school class of 2012.
- With Jon Jaques' ('10) recent hire as an assistant coach at Stevens Tech, below we update our tree of currently employed NCAA basketball coaches with rooted connections to Cornell University.
Desmond Oliver-Assistant coach at Charlotte. He was an assistant coach at Cornell between 1998-2000 under Scott Thompson.Jeff Jackson (Cornell Class of '84)-Head Coach of Furman University (Division I).
Jon Jaques (Cornell Class of '10)-Assistant coach at Stevens Tech (Division III). Played for Cornell under Steve Donahue.
Kevin App (Cornell Class of '07)-Assistant coach at Army. Played for Cornell under Steve Donahue.
Yanni Hufnagel (Cornell Class of '06)-Assistant coach at Harvard. Served as student-manager at Cornell under Steve Donahue.
Steve Donahue-Head coach of Boston College. Served as head coach at Cornell between 2000-2010.
Mike Dement-Head coach of UNC-Greensboro (Division I). He served as head coach of Cornell between 1986-1991. In 1988 he led Cornell to the Ivy League title and the 1988 NCAA Tournament.
Zach Spiker-Head coach of Army. He served as an assistant coach at Cornell under Steve Donahue from 2004-2009.
Joe Burke-Head coach of Skidmore College (Division III). He was an assistant coach at Cornell under Steve Donahue between 2001-2004.
Izzi Metz-Former Head coach Hobart College (Division III). He served as a Cornell assistant coach for five seasons between 2001-2006 under Steve Donahue and is currently an assistant coach and head of basketball operations at Boston College under Donahue.
Nat Graham-Associate Head Coach (assistant) at Boston College under Steve Donahue. Served as an assistant coach under Donahue at Cornell from 2005-2010.
Woody Kampmann-Assistant coach at Boston College under Steve Donahue. Served as an assistant coach under Donahue at Cornell from 2007-2010.
Ryan Woerner-Former student intern coach under Steve Donahue during the 2009-2010 season and assistant coach for Cornell's women's team during 2010-2011. Currently an assistant at SUNY New Paltz (Division III).
Steve Robinson-Assistant coach at North Carolina under Roy Williams. He was an assistant coach for Mike Dement at Cornell for two seasons, including on the 1988 Ivy League Championship team.
Paul Fortier-Assistant coach at Washington under Lorenzo Romar. He served as an assistant coach at Cornell during 2003-2005 under Steve Donahue.
Ricky Yahn-Assistant coach at Longwood. He was an assistant coach at Cornell during 2010-2011 under Bill Courtney.