Below, news and notes for Thursday. Above, a scary moment for Chris Wroblewski during last night's game at Buffalo.
Last night's attendance was roughly 1,700. The Buffalo supporter side of the arena was filled, especially the student section. Although on the road, Cornell had a small crowd of supporters on the other side of the gym.
Cornell players were heckled by Buffalo students throughout warm-ups, during the game, and leaving the floor after the game.
- Game Recaps-Below are links to our game recap sections from each of Cornell's games this season.
- November 11, 2011 at St. Bonaventure L 58-79
- November 14, 2011 vs. Binghamton W 76-61
- November 16, 2011 at Buffalo L 59-68
- Cornell RPI Watch: The RPI (Rating Percentage Index) is a measure of strength of schedule and how a team does against that schedule. It does not consider the margin of victory, but only whether or not a team won and where the game was played (home/away/neutral court). The formula is 25% team winning percentage (WP), 50% opponents' average winning percentage (OWP), and 25% opponents' opponents' average winning percentage (OOWP). (See: CollegeRPI.com for a further explanation of the formula.) The RPI may be the most influential factor in NCAA Tournament seeding. Cornell's RPI rank as of November 17 is No. 246 out of 344 total Division I teams. While neither the Ken Pomeroy or Jeff Sagarin rankings are used by the NCAA Tournament Selection Committee, the KenPom.com site ranks Cornell No. 143 in the nation, while the USA Today Sagarin rankings have Cornell at No. 186. Both sites are predominantly used by fans and the media.
- Here is a look at Ivy League results and upcoming games. A full Ivy composite schedule may viewed by clicking here.
Friday, November 11
Johnson & Wales 66 Brown 86 (Box Score - Recap)
Columbia 57 Connecticut 70[ESPNU] (Box Score - Recap)
Cornell 58 St. Bonaventure 79 (Box Score - Recap)
MIT 49 Harvard 76 (Box Score - Recap)
Dartmouth 56 Rutgers 62 (Box Score - Recap)
Penn 59 Maryland-Baltimore County 45 (Box Score - Recap)
Yale 73 Central Connecticut State 69 (Box Score - Recap)
Saturday, November 12
Wagner 73 Princeton 57 (Box Score - Recap)
Monday, November 14
Albany 77 Brown 68 (NIT Tip-Off-1st Round@Syracuse, N.Y.)[ESPN3] (Box Score - Recap)
Temple 73 Penn 67 OT (Box Score - Recap)
Furman 58 Columbia 62 (Box Score - Recap)
Binghamton 61 Cornell 76 (Box Score - Recap)
Tuesday, November 15
Harvard 73 Holy Cross 64 (Box Score - Recap)
Yale 62 Quinnipiac 68 [SNY] (Box Score - Recap)
Brown 52 Manhattan 54 NIT Tip Consolation@Syracuse, N.Y. [ESPN3] (Box Score - Recap)
Wednesday, November 16
Cornell 59 Buffalo 68 (Box Score - Recap)
Vermont 65 Dartmouth 53 (Box Score - Recap)
Princeton 58 North Carolina State 60 [ESPNU] (Box Score - Recap)
Thursday, November 17
Penn at Rider, 7 pm
Lyndon State at Yale, 7 pm
Saturday, November 19
Buffalo at Princeton, 12:30 pm
Hartford at Brown, 5 pm
American at Columbia, 7 pm
Bryant at Dartmouth, 7 pm
Robert Morris at Penn, 7 pm
Harvard at Loyola Marymount, 9:30 pm
Sunday, November 20
Boston University at Cornell, 2 pm