- Visit The Cornell Basketball Blog's Game Preview Center for all your necessary multimedia links to listen and/or view tonight's game at Buffalo. Tonight's interviews with Barry Leonard will include an in-depth introduction to new assistant coach, Arlen Galloway.
- Recapping the Syracuse-Albany game from last night, the Post Standard notes that, "The last opposing player to score more than [Albany's Gerardo] Suero’s 31 against Syracuse at the Carrier Dome was Cornell’s Ryan Wittman, who had 33 against the Orange on Dec. 3, 2008."
- The Northstar Basketball Blog ranks Paul VI High School in Fairfax, Virginia as the No. 25 ranked team in the country and notes, "Fairfield-bound senior Coleman Johnson and Cornell-pledge Tim Higgins, a junior, form a superb frontcourt." Higgins (Paul VI HS) Fairfax, VA, 6-10, C, is committed to Cornell's class of 2013.
- Below, our Tweets of the Day.
- The University of Delaware is marketing their home opener with the following commercial:
- Game Recaps-Below are links to our game recap sections from each of Cornell's games this season.
- Cornell RPI Watch: The RPI (Rating Percentage Index) is a measure of strength of schedule and how a team does against that schedule. It does not consider the margin of victory, but only whether or not a team won and where the game was played (home/away/neutral court). The formula is 25% team winning percentage (WP), 50% opponents' average winning percentage (OWP), and 25% opponents' opponents' average winning percentage (OOWP). (See: CollegeRPI.com for a further explanation of the formula.) The RPI may be the most influential factor in NCAA Tournament seeding. Cornell's RPI rank as of November 15 is No. 238 out of 344 total Division I teams. While neither the Ken Pomeroy or Jeff Sagarin rankings are used by the NCAA Tournament Selection Committee, the KenPom.com site ranks Cornell No. 144 in the nation, while the USA Today Sagarin rankings have Cornell at No. 186. Both sites are predominantly used by fans and the media.
- Here is a look at Ivy League results and upcoming games. A full Ivy composite schedule may viewed by clicking here.
Friday, November 11
Johnson & Wales 66 Brown 86 (Box Score - Recap)
Columbia 57 Connecticut 70[ESPNU] (Box Score - Recap)
Cornell 58 St. Bonaventure 79 (Box Score - Recap)
MIT 49 Harvard 76 (Box Score - Recap)
Dartmouth 56 Rutgers 62 (Box Score - Recap)
Penn 59 Maryland-Baltimore County 45 (Box Score - Recap)
Yale 73 Central Connecticut State 69 (Box Score - Recap)
Saturday, November 12
Wagner 73 Princeton 57 (Box Score - Recap)
Monday, November 14
Albany 77 Brown 68 (NIT Tip-Off-1st Round@Syracuse, N.Y.)[ESPN3] (Box Score - Recap)
Temple 73 Penn 67 OT (Box Score - Recap)
Furman 58 Columbia 62 (Box Score - Recap)
Binghamton 61 Cornell 76 (Box Score - Recap)
Tuesday, November 15
Harvard 73 Holy Cross 64 (Box Score - Recap)
Yale 62 Quinnipiac 68 [SNY] (Box Score - Recap)
Brown 52 Manhattan 54 NIT Tip Consolation@Syracuse, N.Y. [ESPN3] (Box Score - Recap)
Wednesday, November 16
Cornell at Buffalo, 7 pm
Vermont at Dartmouth, 7 pm
Princeton at North Carolina State, 7 pm [ESPNU]
Thursday, November 17
Penn at Rider, 7 pm
Lyndon State at Yale, 7 pm
Saturday, November 19
Buffalo at Princeton, 12:30 pm
Hartford at Brown, 5 pm
American at Columbia, 7 pm
Bryant at Dartmouth, 7 pm
Robert Morris at Penn, 7 pm
Harvard at Loyola Marymount, 9:30 pm
Sunday, November 20
Boston University at Cornell, 2 pm