- Cornell basketball beat writer for the Ithaca Journal, Ed Boulat tweeted Tuesday afternoon:
"[I] [s]poke to Cornell men's basketball coach Bill Courtney today about various topics... Ivy tournament convo., incoming class, injuries. I'll have a column out later this week, but for now I'll share that junior Errick Peck is on the court, participating in individual workouts. Which is great news for CU fans. Knee still gets sore BC said, but has 'looked like the old Errick Peck.. maybe even a little bit better.' Courtney also said time out has made Peck a smarter player; he now approaches like game more like a coach. Can only be good for CU."
- "He was a blue-collar worker, a guy who really I think exceeded expectations of a lot of people in the coaching world," former Virginia Tech assistant coach Bill Courtney, now the coach at Cornell, said Monday to the Roanoke Times Dispatch on the firing of Seth Greenberg as Virginia Tech’s head coach.
- Per HoopDirt.com, Cornell third-chair assistant coach, Arlen Galloway, is one of four finalists for the head coaching position at Swarthmore College.
- Above, committed Cornell recruit, Braxston Bunce (Kelowna Secondary School) Kelowna, BC, Canada, 6-11, C, is awarded on Saturday evening the Male Athlete of the Year by Basketball British Columbia as the top boy's basketball player in the Province.
- Jeff Goodman of CBS Sports revealed the full field of the Las Vegas Invitational. Cornell will join Wisconsin, Arizona State, Creighton, Arkansas, Longwood, Florida A&M and Presbyterian in Las Vegas. Cornell opens the tournament with road games on the campus sites of Wisconsin and Arizona State then plays two games between November 23-24 at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas on the site of the Orleans Hotel and Casino.