Above, a 1929 Cornell-Syracuse game program. Below, some news and notes for Wednesday...
- Jeff Foote (Cornell '10) had 23 points and 13 rebounds last night in the semifinals of the Nike Pro City League in New York. He and teammate, Louis Dale (Cornell '10), members of Cornell's #17 nationally ranked Sweet Sixteen team of 2010, will appear this Thursday in the league's championship game with the Dyckman team. See the New York Post for the story.
- Wisconsin, a 2012-2013 Cornell opponent, beat out Cornell this week for a recruit. See the Wisconsin State Journal and the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel for the story.
- Anchor of Gold notes that Vanderbilt's nonconference schedule which includes a game against Cornell during 2012-2013 will help the Vandy program in its rebuilding efforts.
- Both of the semifinals and the championship game of the Las Vegas Invitational will be broadcast on either ESPN2 (televison) or ESPN3.
- Below, A Date in Cornell Basketball History. The Cornell Daily Sun previews a December 9, 1967 game between Cornell and Army and the Cadets' star guard, Mike Krzyzewski. During Coach K's career, he faced Cornell three times as a varsity player for West Point. He also coached his Duke teams three times (1987, 1988, 2008) against Cornell with his fourth appearance against Cornell coming up during the 2012-2013 season.
Below, a glimpe of committed Cornell recruit,David Onuorah (Marist HS) Atlanta, GA, 6-9, 230, F, in action earlier this summer with his AAU club in the Nike Peach Jam. Onuorah is #55 in the video.