Cornell Basketball Alumni Weekend with The Cornell Basketball Blog's Game Preview Center. Below, some news and notes for Tuesday...
- Cornell has released its probable starting line-up for the season opener vs. Western Michigan. Galal Cancer, Miles Asafo-Adjei, Shonn Miller, Errick Peck and Eitan Chemerinski are your starters.
- Andrew "Big Game" Naeve (Cornell '07) has his election today for the State Senate of Iowa. Naeve was a 2007 All Ivy League selection. Above, Naeve chases down a loose ball with Brandon Roy of the Washington Huskies.
- While Cornell is honoring its 1988 Ivy League Championship team this weekend during halftime of the Western Michigan game, Bleacher Report lists Cornell's '88 team as one of the biggest blowout losses in NCAA Tournament history. The Big Red lost 90-50 in the first round to Arizona. In Cornell's defense, Arizona did have 5 future NBA players on the roster. Below, a photo from the game.
- Gary Parrish of CBS Sports writes of Boston College, "Steve Donahue led Cornell to three straight NCAA tournaments before taking the Boston College job. Now the question is whether he'll ever get back into the Field of 68. My prediction: Yes, if he's given time to build and coach an experienced roster. Either way, it won't happen this season because Donahue's roster of mostly sophomores isn't ready to win."
- The Devil's Den, a Duke site on Scout.com updates its readers on Duke alumni playing overseas and writes, "On Sunday, David McClure and Neptunas were facing Zalgiris Kaunas, but in the VTB United League and not the domestic Lithuanian League. They struggled against the powerhouse and fell 90-62. David had 6 points and 9 rebounds in 20 minutes. In the win, ex-Houston player Oliver Lafayette had 15 points, ex-Seton Hall player Rimantas Kaukenas had 12 points, and ex-Cornell player Jeff Foote had 11 points and 7 rebounds. Here is the box score."
- The Star Ledger (NJ) references a posterizing dunk by Princeton's Ian Hummer against Cornell last season. Yup, this is it below.