- Jeff Foote (Cornell '10) is interviewed (in Lithuanian) on his team website. Foote plays for Zalgiris of Lithuania, the No. 2 ranked team in Europe.
- The national recruiting signing period starts today. Excluding Cornell's recruiting class, below is an updated list of players committed to Ivy League schools in the class of 2013:
Dave Winfield (Harvard Westlake HS) Hollywood, CA, 6-8, F, Penn
- Cornell's season opening opponent, Western Michigan, demolished NAIA school, Marygrove by 45 points last night. See a related article here.
- The Olean (NY) Times Herald writes in a preview of tonight's game:
It might not have been pretty, but it was exactly what the St. Bonaventure men’s basketball team wanted. With their 65-55 triumph over Bethune-Cookman last Friday, the Bonnies accomplished the first goal they had set in the preseason: to be 1-0 on Nov. 9.The next, and undoubtedly more difficult, goal? To win that first game away from the Reilly Center. Bona gets the opportunity to do just that when it meets Cornell in one of its two nationally-televised contests tonight (7 o’clock, NBC Sports-TV, ch. 57, WPIG-FM, WHDL-AM) at Newman Arena. “It’s a tough test,” said Bona coach Mark Schmidt, who has started out 1-0 in five of his six seasons. “Our goal was to be 1-0 and now we move on. We want to try to be 1-0 on the road. We know how difficult it is. You hear all the time you’re down 10 before the game even starts.”
- A gambling site, Sports Chat Place, discusses tonight's game between Cornell and St. Bonaventure and has the Bonnies by -3.
- Cornell's 2012-2013 roster was tweeked with adjusted heights and weights for several players.
- The Cornell Club of Wisconsin has an event planned for Cornell's visit to Wisconsin on November 18. The Club notes:
Come watch the Cornell University Big Red take on the University of Wisconsin Badgers
Sunday, November 18, 2012
3:00 to 4:30 pm Pre-Game Reception at Badgerland Bar & Grill
5:00 pm tip-off at the Kohl CenterLimited number of tickets available!Pre-Game Reception: Food and beverages are on your own; full access to Badgerland Bar & Grill menu is available. You will pick up your game tickets at the pre-game reception!
Parking: Limited free parking is available behind Badgerland Bar & Grill. You must ask for a token from the front desk or the restaurant to exit the lot. Ramp parking is available in Lot 46 on Johnson and Lake Street. Alternate parking ramps also include the State Street Campus Ramp and the parking lot beneath Madison Fresh Market, both are accessible from Lake Street.Hope to CU in Madison!
- Below, links to our recap sections from each of Cornell's games during the 2012-2013 season.
- 11/10/12 vs. Western Michigan W 63-55
- Cornell RPI Watch: The RPI (Rating Percentage Index) is a measure of strength of schedule and how a team does against that schedule. It does not consider the margin of victory, but only whether or not a team won and where the game was played (home/away/neutral court). The formula is 25% team winning percentage (WP), 50% opponents' average winning percentage (OWP), and 25% opponents' opponents' average winning percentage (OOWP). (See: CollegeRPI.com for a further explanation of the formula.) The RPI may be the most influential factor in NCAA Tournament seeding. Cornell's RPI rank as of November 14 is No. 184 out of 344 total Division I teams. While neither the Ken Pomeroy or the Sagarin Rankings (USA Today) are used by the NCAA Tournament Selection Committee, the KenPom.com site ranks Cornell No. 187 in the nation, while the Sagarin Rankings (USA Today) have Cornell at No. 173. Both sites are predominantly used by fans and the media.
- Here is a look at Ivy League results and upcoming games. A full Ivy composite schedule may viewed by clicking here.
Friday, November 9
MIT 54 Harvard 69 Box Score - Recap
UMBC 75 Penn 80 Box Score - Recap
Saturday, November 10
Western Michigan 55 Cornell 63 Box Score - Recap
Princeton 57 Buffalo 53 Box Score - Recap
Yale 82 Sacred Heart 85 (OT) [SNY] [Conn 6] Box Score - Recap
Columbia 68 Furman 47 Box Score - Recap
Maine 54 Dartmouth 67 Box Score - Recap
Sunday, November 11
Brown 58 Binghamton 49 Box Score - Recap
Monday, November 12
Yale 35 Saint Joseph’s 61 (Coaches v. Cancer) Box Score - Recap
Penn 69 Delaware 84 (Preseason NIT) Box Score - Recap
Tuesday, November 13
Harvard 64 Massachusetts 67 (ESPN Tip Off Marathon) [ESPN] Box Score - Recap
Penn 53 Fairfield 62 (Preseason NIT) [ESPN3] Box Score - Recap
Northeastern 67 Princeton 66 Box Score - Recap
New Hampshire 72 Dartmouth 58 Box Score - Recap
Haverford 40 Columbia 74 Box Score - Recap
Wednesday, November 14
St. Bonaventure at Cornell, 7 pm [NBCSN]
Thursday, November 15
Brown at Central Connecticut State, 7:30 pm
Friday, November 16
Saint Peter’s at Cornell 7 pm
Rutgers at Princeton, 7 pm
Manhattan at Harvard, 7:30 pm
Yale at Evansville, 8:35 pm (Coaches v. Cancer)
Saturday, November 17
Drexel at Penn, 4 pm
Yale vs. Buffalo (Evansville, Ind.), 6 pm (Coaches v. Cancer)
Brown at Maine, 7 pm
Marist at Columbia, 7 pm
Sunday. November 18
Yale vs. Western Illinois (Oakland City, Ind.), 3 pm
Cornell at Wisconsin, 6 pm (Las Vegas Invitational) [ESPN3]