- Jeff Foote (Cornell '10) had 6 points over the weekend in the Lithuanian League (Beko LKL) All Star Game. When Simonas Baranauskas, a well known European basketball blogger for BBL.net and Eurobasket.com commented on Twitter prior to tip off, "Jeff Foote and Mario Delas in the All-Star Game starting five. This is history in the making, people. Worst front-court duo ever," Foote comically responded back, "definitely the best looking duo ever though." The Twitter exchange landed in some Lithuanian media outlets, including Lithuania Basketball. Cornell fans are of course familiar with Foote's tendency to play back with the media.
- Cornell's 2012-2013 opponents in the postseason include:
Duke (NCAA Tournament)
Wisconsin (NCAA Tournament)
Bucknell ((NCAA Tournament)
Arizona State (National Invitational Tournament)
Stony Brook (National Invitational Tournament)
Western Michigan (College Basketball Invitational)
Boston University (College Insider Tournament)
- The Woodlands Villager mentions the inclusion of committed Cornell recruit, Desmond Fleming (College Park Woodlands HS) Woodlands, TX, 6-0, G, on the All County Team.
- The Ivy League notes, "The last time the Ancient Eight only had one team play in the postseason was following the 2008-09 season when Cornell lost to Missouri in an NCAA Tournament first-round game in Boise, Idaho."
- The Boston Globe writes, "Harvard bowed out of last year’s tournament in the first round as the Ivy League’s lone entry, marking the fifth time in six seasons that the conference registered a single game. But in the 2010 tournament, Cornell University played three games, to make it to the Sweet 16. The extra two games for Cornell meant an extra $3.1 million for the Ivy League, with Harvard getting a slice."