Above, A Date in Cornell Basketball History, Cornell's 1978-1979 media guide. Below, news and notes for Thursday...
- Cornell's season ending banquet is May 2, 2013 at 6 pm.
- Jeff Foote (Cornell '10) and his Zalgiris team face Nevezis in game 2 of the first round of the Lithuanian LKL playoffs today. Zalgiris leads the best of 3 series 1-0.
- The Houston Chronicle mentions the "signings" of Cornell's two committed recruits from the Houston area (Robert Hatter and Desmond Fleming).
- The Huffington Post asks whether Canadian athletes should attend U.S. Colleges and specifically references Cornell's lure to Canadian athletes.
- The Indianapolis Star writes:
Published reports have linked Butler to two basketball prospects, a transfer and a high school senior. It remains to be seen how intense that is or if the interest is indeed mutual.Errick Peck is a 6-foot-6 forward from Cornell who intends to transfer. He falls into the category of players who will graduate and be granted immediate eligibility.Peck is an Indianapolis native who played at Cathedral High School. He said Monday that he would like to play a final season in his hometown but was unsure of Butler’s level of interest.He said other schools that have contacted him include: Detroit, Loyola, North Texas, Evansville, Duquesne, Indiana State, Boston College and Creighton.Peck averaged 9.7 points and 4.8 rebounds for Cornell and earned honorable mention on the All-Ivy League team. He finished with a flourish, averaging 18.0 ppg in his final four games.It’s hard to say how Peck would fit in on a roster that will include five forwards/centers: Erik Fromm, Khyle Marshall, Kameron Woods, Nolan Berry, Andrew Chrabascz.