- The Cornell Basketball Blog previously published the Big Red's 2014-2015 opponents. This week, Jon Rothstein of CBS noted that George Mason will host Cornell in the Patriots' season opener on November 14, 2014. The University of Buffalo also published the news of its January 15, 2015 game against Cornell. See the Buffalo News and Bull Run. Bull Run writes, "Cornell hasn't been able to capture the magic of their NCAA tournament a few years ago and was one of the worst teams in Division One last year, finishing at 2-26. Should be a nice tune up for the whole bench before MAC play starts."
- Cornell's Division III opponent, Alfred State, was 2-22 last season at the Division III level.
- When were the eight Ivy League coaches hired in relation to the 350 Division I programs? Here is a look, courtesy of the Post Standard.
21. Apr 27, 1999-James Jones, Yale
93. Apr 13, 2007- Tommy Amaker, Harvard
134. Dec. 14, 2009- Jerome Allen, Penn
T-159. Apr 22, 2010 Paul Cormier, Dartmouth
161. Apr 23, 2010- Bill Courtney, Cornell
166. May 2, 2010- Kyle Smith, Columbia
200. Apr 20, 2011 Mitch Henderson, Princeton
257. Jun 1, 2012-Mike Martin, Brown
- Celebrity DJ and former Cornell basketball player, Rich Medina (Cornell '92) was profiled in the San Francisco Examiner.
- Johnathan Gray ('13) tweeted about his excitement of playing for the Virgin Islands National Team again this summer.
- A former Lafayette player passed away and he is remembered for a "monster dunk" he had in Barton Hall against Cornell. See the Easton Times.
- Keith Olbermann says Cornell's Sweet Sixteen performance in 2010 was more impressive than the U.S. Soccer performance in the World Cup.