- The Washington Post notes that George Mason was picked 13th out of 14 teams in the Atlantic 10 by the media poll and that the Patriots open their season with Cornell on November 14.
- Penn State's media notes state, "The Nittany Lions are slated to take part in the 2014 Charleston Classic, Nov. 20-23 in Charleston, S.C. They will open play in the tourney by taking on Charlotte at 5 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 20 on ESPNU and then will face either South Carolina or Cornell on the second day of the three-day event. The remaining teams in the field include Akron, Drexel, Miami (Fla.), and Southern California."
- Cal Athletics profiles by video Dwight Tarwater (Cornell '14) and also writes, "In our continuing series profiling the California men's basketball team's newcomers, CalBears.com's Mallory Majcher sat down with Graduate student Dwight Tarwater to discuss his path to Berkeley. The forward spent the last four seasons as a standout at Cornell, before enrolling in the University of California, Berkeley School of Public Health over the summer as he works towards his Masters degree. Tarwater has one year of NCAA eligibility remaining and will look to be an immediate contributor for the Golden Bears in 2014-15. "
- ESPN predicts the Ivy League as follows and writes of Cornell:
...Over in Ithaca, New York, Cornell fans are dreaming wistfully of mediocrity. In 2013-14, the Big Red defeated one Division I opponent in 27 tries. If any player were to lead the program out of its current malaise, it would have been Nolan Cressler, who was by far the best offensive threat Cornell had. But in April, Cressler hopped overboard, announcing that he had secured a transfer to Vanderbilt.
In fairness, a big part of the reason for last season's disastrous campaign was the loss of Shonn Miller to a shoulder injury. Miller, a first team All-Ivy selection after his sophomore season, will return for his senior season to try to patch up some of the holes in this Big Red team.
2014-15 Projected Ivy League Standings
1. Harvard Crimson | 2. Yale Bulldogs | 3. Columbia Lions | 4. Brown Bears | 5. Princeton Tigers | 6. Penn Quakers | 7. Dartmouth Big Green | 8. Cornell Big Red
2014-15 All-Ivy team
Position Name Team Year Forward Justin Sears Yale Junior Forward Alex Rosenberg Columbia Senior Guard Siyani Chambers Harvard Junior Guard Maodo Lo Columbia Junior Guard Wesley Saunders Harvard Senior
- Check out the season prediction from Blue Ribbon Yearbook:
BLUE RIBBON IVY LEAGUE FORECAST
F-Justin Sears, JR, Yale
F-Shonn Miller, SR, Cornell
F-Alex Rosenberg, SR, Columbia
G/F-Wesley Saunders, SR, Harvard
G-Maodo Lo, JR, Columbia
PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Justin Sears, JR, Yale
NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR
Amir Bell, FR, Princeton