- From Wednesday night's game, the Post Standard writes, "Cornell guard Robert Hatter, who shot 1-for-8 on 3-pointers, repeatedly launched bad shots as the shot-clock expired."
- NBC Sports says David Onuorah was "posterized" at Syracuse.
- Jim Boheim was asked about the job Syracuse did on Shonn Miller:
Did you do anything special on Shonn Miller?
“Not really. He wasn’t really aggressive in the first half. They didn’t really find him. I thought he got more aggressive in the second half. He’s a good player. We were aware of where he was for the most part and we wanted to do a better job in the high post. Last game (Long Beach) we did a very poor job in the high post area. We did a much, much better job of contesting the ball in the high post and I think that was really the key for us defensively today.”
- Ivy Hoops Online writes of Cornell's New Year resolution, "Cornell (6-6) – Be smarter with the basketball. Cornell’s backcourt is as intriguing as it is maddeningly undisciplined, and that’s why the Big Red aren’t higher up in the power rankings. Senior guard Devin Cherry averages a ridiculous 4.6 turnovers per contest and fellow senior guard Galal Cancer is also known for not being very protective of the basketball. Cornell has lost even more close games than Dartmouth so far, committing a combined 47 turnovers in close losses to Penn State, Drexel and St. Peter’s."
- Here is a look at Dwight Tarwater's (Cornell '14) game log at Cal through 1/1/15.
- Let's check in with former Cornell assistant coaches currently serving as head college basketball coaches elsewhere:
Kevin App-(Cornell Class of '07)-Head coach, Williams College. Played for Cornell under Steve Donahue. As of 1/1/15, Williams is 8-3 on the season.
Zach Spiker-Head coach, Army. He served as an assistant coach at Cornell under Steve Donahue from 2004-2009. As of 1/1/15, Army is 9-3 on the season.
Joe Burke-Head coach, Skidmore College. He was an assistant coach at Cornell under Steve Donahue between 2001-2004. As of 1/1/15, Skidmore is 3-5 on the season.
Mike Blaine-Head coach, Medaille College. He served as an assistant coach at Cornell between 2011-2014 under Bill Courtney. As of 1/1/15, Medaille is 4-3 on the season.
Ricky Yahn-Head coach, Concordia College of Michigan. He was an assistant coach at Cornell during 2010-2011 under Bill Courtney. As of 1/1/15, Concordia is 8-5 on the season.
Arlen Galloway-Head coach, Wentworth Institute of Technology. He was an assistant coach at Cornell between 2011-2013 under Bill Courtney. As of 1/1/15, Wentworth is 4-5 on the season.
Izzi Metz-Head coach, Wilkes University. Former head coach Hobart College. He served as a Cornell assistant coach for five seasons between 2001-2006 under Steve Donahue and served as an assistant coach at Boston College under Donahue. As of 1/1/15, Wilkes is 6-4 on the season.