- NYC Buckets has Cornell 4th in its power poll and writes, "Cornell — Shonn Miller has scored at least 10 points in Cornell’s last 11 games, and four of the last five have been double-doubles. He’s now in a virtual tie with Maodo Lo for the Ivy scoring lead, and he leads the rebounding rankings by a healthy margin. The Big Red’s fast pace helps boost his counting stats, but he’ll have a serious Player of the Year case no matter where his team finishes."
- Time Warner Cable reports that Cornell is excited for its Ivy season.
- The Albany Times Union writes, "When Galal Cancer, a CBA graduate, played for Cornell in a game against Siena College this year...many former coaches, teammates, schoolmates and parents went to the game to root him on."
- The Daily Pennsylvanian says Jerome Allen is on the hot seat and writes, "Even Cornell and Brown are finding ways to win games despite their leading scorers from a year ago (Nolan Cressler and Sean McGonagill, respectively) leaving the program or graduating."
- The Daily Princetonian goes around the Ivy League and writes, "Cornell Big Red: There’s really nowhere to go but up for Cornell after a disastrous season last year. For reference, Cornell earned two victories all of last year, and this year, it already has six wins. Props to senior forward Shonn Miller, who has bounced back from a shoulder injury that kept him out all of last season and has been carrying the load for his team so far. His production is especially important as Cornell continues to struggle with shooting efficiency as a team (currently at the bottom of the league). Indeed, his excellent stats across the board look to be Cornell’s only chance to redeem itself and to remind the league that last year’s stinker was just an aberration."
- Previewing tonight's Penn State-Indiana game, IDSNews writes of Penn State, "when your opponent’s combined margin of victory against Cornell, Marshall, Duquesne and Drexel is just 12 points, I wouldn’t worry too much."
- The Ivy League named Shonn Miller to its weekly Honor Roll and notes:
Shonn Miller, Cornell (Sr., F - Euclid, Ohio)
23 points, 12 rebounds, 4 blocks vs. Howard
18 points, 4 rebounds, 2 steals vs. Alfred State
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Week 1, 11/17/14-Shonn Miller, Cornell
Week 2, 11/24/14-Justin Sears, Yale
Week 3, 12/1/14-Wes Saunders, Harvard
Week 4, 12/8/14-Javier Duren, Yale
Week 5, 12/15/14-Cedric Kuakumensah, Brown*
Week 6, 12/22/14-Maodo Lo, Columbia
Week 7,12/29/14-Shonn Miller, Cornell
Week 8, 1/5/15-Javier Duren, Yale
Week 9, 1/12/15-Henry Caruso, Princeton
ROOKIE OF THE WEEK
Week 1, 11/17/14-Antonio Woods, Penn
Week 2, 11/24/14-Mike Auger, Penn
Week 3, 12/1/14-Amir Bell, Princeton
Week 4, 12/8/14-Darnell Foreman, Penn
Week 5, 12/15/14-Sam Jones, Penn*
Week 6, 12/22/14-Kyle Castlin, Columbia
Week 7, 12/30/14-Aaron Young, Princeton
Week 8, 1/5/15-Kyle Castlin, Columbia
Week 9, 1/12/15-Makai Mason, Yale
* = Cornell idle